Hugg Genealogy Site Companion Blog

A companion journal to my genealogy site, which covers the following (non-inclusive) families: Hugg, Casperson, Grabowski, Talorowski, Lynch, Kitchens. The blog and site also offer (or will offer) information on the history of Delaware, Maryland's Eastern Short and New Jersey.

Monday, August 21, 2006

Learning More about Maryland

I grew up near Maryland, and I've actually lived there for over two years during my life, but I still find one of my biggest challenges as I try to research my Hugg line is not knowing enough about the state where my forfathers settled.

That said, I'd like to recommend Marlyand: A Geography by James E. DiLisio. Although not a history book, it does offer a lot of insight into how, when and where Maryland was settled. Chapter five, "Maryland's Past in Today's Landscape" is particularly useful.

If you have any recommendation on good reads about colonial Maryland, particularly the Eastern Shore in the 17th century, please let me know (preferably via a comment).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home